You’ve launched Workplace from Facebook to your organization, and early support and engagement are strong. But it’s going to take more than a few “how-to” guides and a launch party to continue increasing engagement to make Workplace a success at your organization for the long haul.
We know from experience that Group Leaders are the “secret sauce” to a successful community. Group leaders are responsible for:
- a group or groups in Workplace,
- being the point of contact for moderation and the within said group(s),
- encouraging engagement within the group through regular activity and content,
- participating in activities as assigned by Workplace system-level administrators,
- working alongside 1-2 other co-Group Leaders to carry out these responsibilities
As simple and intuitive as it may seem, helping Group Leaders along to reach their fullest potential requires a bit of preparation and sometimes a lot of practice. It’s not always natural for leaders to shift their work habits away from “what they know” into a more open, collaborative home like Workplace. Equipping them with some regular “to-dos” can really help to accelerate Workplace and keep users engaged.
We hope this chart serves as a bit of inspiration as you plan or re-invigorate your Workplace Group Leader strategy.
For more on this topic, read Build Workplace from Facebook Engagement with Group Leader Coaching.
PS – It’s hard to nail down a Group Leader strategy without a Chief Workplace Officer. Read our “dos and don’ts” for hiring one.
MORE WORKPLACE RESOURCES: