Your organization has used Yammer for a while, but initial interest has piqued and engagement is on the decline. How can you revitalize the network and make it a success at your organization for the long haul?
We know from experience that Community (formerly Group) Leaders are the “secret sauce” to a successful community. Community leaders are responsible for:
- a community (formerly group) or communities in Yammer,
- being the point of contact for moderation and the within said communit(y)(ies),
- encouraging engagement within the community through regular activity and content,
- participating in activities as assigned by Yammer system-level administrators,
- working alongside 1-2 other co-Community Leaders to carry out these responsibilities
As simple and intuitive as it may seem, helping Community Leaders along to reach their fullest potential requires a bit of preparation and sometimes a lot of practice. It’s not always natural for leaders to shift their work habits away from “what they know” into a more open, collaborative home like Yammer. Equipping them with some regular “to-dos” can really help to accelerate Yammer and keep users engaged.
We hope this chart serves as a bit of inspiration as you plan or re-invigorate your Yammer Community Leader strategy.